Artisan, small batch cheeses are seasonal, with goat's cheese being the highlight of spring when the milk is fresh. Even if the usually powerful taste isn't for you, be prepared to discover a different version with this month's selection.
The Errington Elrick Log, a raw milk, lactic cheese from Lanark, is soft, creamy and delicately flavoured, one of the most delicious cheeses we've eaten in years (and we eat a lot of cheese!) It contrasts perfectly with the harder Bonnet from Dunlop Dairy in Stewarton, a completely different style, it's mild and a wee bit tangy.
To complement this taste explosion we have a fresh, textured Grüner Veltliner from the Wagram region in Austria. It is perfectly balanced with white pepper and green apple notes and a lingering finish.
Altogether a fabulous cheese & wine box.
- Farmhouse Raw Milk Goat's Cheese Elrick Log. 190g. (Milk)
- Dunlop Dairy Bonnet, Full Fat Hard Goat's Cheese. 165g. (Milk)
- Island Bakery Three Seed Organic Oatcakes. 135g. (Oats, Wheat)
Olina's Bakehouse, Seeded Toasts Fig & Almond. 100g. (Wheat, Milk)
- Galloway Lodge Beetroot Chutney. 200g.
- Ostara Cafe Rhubarb Pickle. 200g
- Zero-G Wine 2019. 12% ABV(Sulphites)
Allergens in bold but please refer to individual packaging for additional information.